Diversity and Inclusion
Last updated: July 6 2022
At Mimi, we understand that everyone is unique,
and not just in how they hear…
We believe everyone has the right to hear well, and Mimi is democratizing access to hearing wellbeing. As an eclectic bunch of over 50 people from 20 different nationalities (check out our map), we understand that more diverse teams create better business outcomes. Having employees with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences enables us to be more innovative and creative; something that we strive for as a fast-growing startup.
We are a company committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, welcoming to people of all backgrounds. We are excited to continue on this journey of progress and make our team more representative and our culture more inclusive. So far in 2022, we have taken a number of steps to help us achieve our goals.
What we are already doing
- Gender-neutral bathrooms
- Pronoun inclusion in our internal communication channels
- Regular cultural check-ins with all team members
- Coordinating training sessions to educate our employees and bring awareness to topics including privilege, inclusive facilitation and meetings, inclusive communication and unconscious bias
- Enabling a flexible working environment with: a hybrid remote model, flexible working hours and the introduction of part-time roles.
- Diverse talent recruitment strategies: targeted advertising to underrepresented groups, using tools such as gender decoder to eliminate recruitment ad bias, joining new communities such as Women Who Code and attending meet-ups
- Gathering qualitative feedback to understand our company demography in order to define clear baselines to determine where we need to improve and create applicable initiatives.
- Slack integrations, aiming to eliminate gender bias
- Using a targeted “Belonging Barometer” to measure the sense of belonging and to learn how and where to better support our employees
- The use of inclusive design throughout our product and website